Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Sephora Makeup Brush Shampoo:Review

The Sephora Makeup Brush Shampoo is a product I picked up at Sephora around 6 months ago but I hadn't really used it until recently. On the back of the bottle it is described as:
"An anti-bacterial shampoo designed to deep clean your brushes once a week"
Sephora Makeup Brush Shampoo

I used the Sephora Makeup Brush Shampoo to wash the following (dirty) tools:

  • Real Techniques Expert Face Brush 
  • Sephora Airbrush Concealer #57
  • 2 Essence of Beauty Precision Blender Sponge


Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and Sephora #57
(dampened before shampoo)


Essence of Beauty: Precision Blender Sponges
(dampened before shampoo)


Following the directions I dampened the brush bristles with lukewarm water and poured a small amount on my clean palm. I gently washed each brush by swirling it in my hand. Rinsed and Repeat. I shampooed both brushes twice. Squeezed out excess water with a lint free tissue.
Repeating almost the same process for the blender sponges. I gently swirl and wash the sponge focusing on the areas that have the darker stains seen in the picture above. Rinse and Repeat. Squeeze out excess water with a lint free tissue. 


Real Techniques Expert Face Brush 
(after being shampooed 2x)

Sephora #57
(after being shampooed 2x)

Essence of Beauty Precision Blender Sponges
(after being shapooed 2x)

So first off this is the first brush shampoo I have ever used. Usually I wash my personal brushes once a week with a moisturizing dish liquid which I will be getting into detail about in another post, and spot clean with MAC Brush Cleanser. It usually only takes one shampoo lather to get my brushes and sponges completely clean. Unfortunately even after shampooing twice and rinsing thoroughly both brushes still had staining and residue. The shampoo removed most of the product on the sponges. There was a couple spots that had a very light stain but for the most part it got the job done.

Pricing: $6.00 for 2 oz.


Over All Rating


I give the Sephora Makeup Brush Shampoo a 5/10. I don't recommend it. In my opinion it just didn't work better than my previous method. I had to work twice as long on each tool because I had to shampoo twice and even then it still left some residue and staining behind. Now the price doesn't seem too bad, but I get a large 19 oz. bottle of my favorite dish soap for around the same price and it gets the job done faster and conditions the bristles . So that's all for today.

Until Next Time... Have an Amazing Day!

Available: Sephora





























No comments:

Post a Comment