Monday, August 12, 2013

MAC Pressed Pigments: Review









M.A.C Pressed Pigment Fall 2013 Collection launched recently adding 9 new "sophisticated" shades. I only picked up two of the new shades Black Grape and Damson. I wanted to pick up Pink Pepper but unfortunately it was sold out :'( . I also added a pressed pigment I had purchased from a previous collection called Day Gleam so that I can just give my view and over all experience of this product.

So the M.A.C Cosmetics website describes the pressed pigments as:
"An intensely creamy highlighter offering extreme pearlescence and versatility of finish. Apply dry for a high shine, or on damp skin for a dramatic wet look. Provides eye-catching sheer-to-moderate build able coverage and natural dimension finish ."

DamsonBlack GrapeDay Gleam (left to right)

  • Damson is described as a "deep brown with gold pearl" 
  • Black Grape is described as a "deep auburgine with multipearl"
  • Day Gleam is described as "high pearl powder in NC 30" 

So I have been seeing mixed reviews about this product. My personal experience has been.... AMAZING! I have enjoyed using every one of these shades. They are best applied with a clean finger in a packing motion or packed into a synthetic brush (242,252) and then dampened with Fix +. Application can be a bit messy, so unless your wearing a shadow shield you definitely want to apply your foundation and concealer after completing the eyes. I have only used these on the eyes and that's the intended purpose I purchased them with. They are beautiful, sparkly and true to pan color. Great on their own and gorgeous as an added highlight on the lid.

Pricing: $21.00 for 0.10oz

Swatches


No Primer or Base
Damson, Black Grape, Day Gleam (left to right w/ flash)
Damson, Black Grape, Day Gleam (left to right no flash)

With Urban Decay Primer Potion
Black Grape on the lid applied with a 252 MAC brush (damp)

Day Gleam on the lid packed with a clean finger (dry)

 Damson on the lid applied with a 252 MAC brush (damp)

Over All Rating


I give the MAC Pressed Pigments a 9/10. The pigments are beautiful and provide a shiny sparkly look if dry or a wet metallic look if damp.They are definitely worth the $21 a piece, in my opinion. They are a current favorite I often find myself reaching for and considering buying a couple more shades. I don't give them a 10/10 just because they can get a bit messy during application. So that is all for today.

Until Next Time... Have An Amazing Day!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you Maria :) . Damson is definitely my favorite. A great purchase.

    ReplyDelete