Monday, September 9, 2013

URBAN DECAY Revolution Lipstick SHAME:Quick Review



Ladies today I will be quickly reviewing the UD Revolution Lipstick in SHAME.  I seen so many YouTube gurus and makeup artist raving on Instagram that I just had to see for myself if these lipsticks were worth all the noise they were making ;) . I purchased mine on the Sephora Website. 

UD Revolution Lipstick is described (on the box) as:
"CREAMY, BADASS LUXURY. Our Pigment Infusion System delivers insane color payoff with creamy shine, Maxi-Lip plumps and nourishing oils leave lips cushiony soft."
So after looking at reviews and pictures online of these lippies I decided to go with the color I found the most fall appropriate which in my opinion was SHAME a "deep berry".


Interesting Facts

"Urban Decay’s Pigment Dispersion System™ gives Revolution Lipstick its super creamy texture, intense pigmentation, superior color dispersion, and extended wear. Maxi-Lip™ defines and hydrates lips while making them look plumper and fuller. And a nourishing blend of jojoba oil, avocado oil, cocoa butter and Shea butter keeps lips super moisturized and cushiony soft."
It is formulated PARABENS, SULFATES AND PHTHALATES FREE.

Pictures of Product


SHAME-  Packaging 

SHAME  (natural lighting/ no flash)

SHAME (W/ Flash)

Pricing: 0.09 oz for $22


Over All Rating

So I do feel that when it comes to this product I might have a bit of a biased opinion because I am more of a matte lipstick kind of gal. The lipstick itself is GOOD. The pigmentation is superb specially taking into consideration that similar products that are as hydrating as this lipstick are very sheer. The color range is a bit limited (20 shades) but this is a fairly new product. So I tested this lipstick on its own no lip liner or primer it applied smoothly. It lasted on my lips for about 5 hours. Main problem I had with this lipstick it was a bit messy, it  feathered. So as I mentioned earlier, that is the reason that I said I am a little biased I usually gear towards mattes because they stay put and are very long wearing. I personally give this lipstick a 7/10. For $22 a piece I do feel that is a bit over priced but its simply because I didn't fall in love with the lipstick.
I do believe that this lipstick would work perfectly for those who love a moisturizing lipstick with superior color payoff.  It is formulated with a nourishing blend of jojoba oil, avocado oil, cocoa butter and Shea butter keeps lips super moisturized and cushiony soft. As for myself I might give other more forgiving shades like a neutral pink or nude a chance and see if I enjoy it better, ill keep you ladies posted :).

So that completes this review gals.

Until Next Time... Have An Amazing Day! 



Available: Sephora and Urban Decay





No comments:

Post a Comment